Principal Business Development Manager, Experience Based Acceleration
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Come join a team dedicated to enterprises transformation. The Experience-Based Acceleration (EBA) Team developed a repeatable methodology to drive large enterprise customer transformation and accelerate business benefits of their adoption of AWS. The complexities associated with these customers require a higher touch experience that assure efforts across all customers are both scalable and consistent. EBAs are leveraged by our customers as the tip of the spear to change the way they work and help accelerate cloud adoption where traditional methodologies fall short.
EBA ranked as the #1 revenue contributing mechanism and is integrated in AWS' largest migration program, creating a need to rapidly scale EBA capabilities. The EBA Lead is at the center of scaling the methodology across multiple AWS roles, measured in two critical areas: (1) Quality: ensuring cross-functional teams, who are learning the methodology, follow a unified process to drive frictionless adoption and velocity, without compromise. (2) Quantity: coaching others to use EBA autonomously, starting with cross-functional teams in AWS, organized as pods, then expanding to autonomous Partners and Customers adoption.
The EBA Lead will have cross-AWS responsibilities and visibility, coaching Advisory Leads, Professional Services teams, Migration Solution Architects, Customer Success Managers and will impact all AWS segments and accounts sizes from SMB to multi-national and global customers.
Leading by example, the candidate is also able to coach Customers CxO levels and provide clear direction to all levels of engineering and business stakeholders, leveraging strong verbal and written skills. They anticipate the gaps between teams and processes to identify common roadblocks that help the organization consistently accelerate. The ideal EBA Lead candidate is comfortable with highly diverse roles and cultures, and brings experience from leading similar migrations as evidenced by their rare combination of skills: strong customer executive engagement, emotional ability to drive culture change, and sprint-based agile delivery.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000+ employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Scale and coach the EBAs resources (AWS, Partners, Customers) to:
• Gather knowledge, define projects, and coordinate execution across multiple global partner teams
• Identify and produce appropriate business metrics, and continually assess them to improve over time
• Lead and coach Agile delivery mechanisms in non-traditional areas of focus
• Apply expertise in strategic discussions, keeping all stakeholders productively engaged
• Concisely represent our organization to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company
• Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences
• Demonstrate exceptional judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills
• Negotiate and coordinate with cross-functional organizations
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
• 7+ years of Technical Program Management
• Experience in Agile software development organization
• Experience with Enterprise systems (Security, Distributed Systems, Cloud, etc)MS or PHD (Engineering or Computer Science)
• Self-starter and independent thinker.
• Working knowledge and proven track record of success with analytical problem solving methodologies and programs.
• Strong project management and influence skills; ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to make courageous recommendations and decisions to drive significant organizational change.
• Excellent presentation skills, dynamic approach with the ability to translate theory into practical application.
• Demonstrated skills leading and influencing global business partners.
• Proven analytical capabilities.
Back to top