Principal Business Development Manager, AWS Cloud Intelligence
- Memphis, TN
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and other services to customers all over the world at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS.
As a Business Development Manager focused on Intelligence within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for using intelligence and insights to programmatically scale AWS's computing business. Your responsibilities will include removing barriers to adoption of the AWS computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. As well as partnering with the AWS Sales, Marketing, BD and product teams to help win competitive sales engagements.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers, and architects. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. Must also have the capability to craft and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. The Leadership principles of Ownership and Customer Obsession are vital in this role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in driving AWS engagements with our customers and stakeholders.
• Able to handle questions or concerns about AWS value proposition
• Provide training to internal stakeholders
• Be a go-to sales resource.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Understand Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
• Prepare and give business reviews to management
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the computing market.
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Sales engagements with our customers and partners.
• Work with AWS Sales teams to handle customer questions or concerns about AWS, as compared to our competitors
• Serve as a central resource for the Sales team to help our educate our customers on the benefits around the detailed decisions in selection of AWS as their technology
• Work closely with the sales team to drive closure on our highest priority opportunities in the pipeline.
• Work with AWS Sales, BD and Marketing teams, drive proactive competitive intelligence conversations and sales messaging with our customers
• Understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners and determine how their needs can best be met by AWS.
• Create a repository of Intelligence cases studies and conversations to share learnings with all parts of AWS
• Design tools to integrate knowledge management for into existing infrastructure
• Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the benefits of using AWS relative to the broader Computing market
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the computing market
• 10+ years of Enterprise Technology experience driving large initiatives, preferably working in a business intelligence, technical engineering, or business development role
• Technical understanding of Computing concepts in general and/or AWS specific technologies, platforms and solutions
• Clear track record of managing complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement.
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and analytics
• Experience developing content and solution selling to scale across thousands of sales reps and/or partners
• Demonstrable record of being detail-oriented with relatable past examples showing ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• Demonstrable Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
• Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Multilingual a plus
• Technical Certifications (Multiple Public Platforms and Services)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122k -160k [yr]; however, total annual pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top