Principal Business Development Manager - Alexa Smart Home
Help mold the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be right for the Principal Business Development Manager role on the Alexa Smart Home team. In this role, you will be working with some of the top-tier companies & developers in the Smart Home ecosystem to help develop incredible experiences that will wow customers using the Alexa voice service.
Your responsibilities will include creating and owning key business relationships and driving the ultimate success of partner projects. You will be the "face of Amazon" with key partners and drive discussions with senior technical leaders/CxO in those organizations. You will also be required to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges and map the intersection of partner needs and Amazon priorities. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer engagement and communication skills as well as the technical understanding to drive deals across all stakeholders.
- Identify and engage 3rd party developers and drive opportunities for compelling Alexa experiences in the Smart Home ecosystem.
- Work with cross-functional teams to enable successful recruiting and onboarding of developers
- Develop unique, compelling and exciting presentations and demonstrations of new Amazon technologies
- Deliver persuasive, passionate, high impact, high quality presentations to senior decision makers
- Advocate internally for developer features and functionality that will help facilitate a world class Alexa skills ecosystem
- Create actionable steps to achievement of big, ambiguous ideas
- 10+ years of mobile, software or digital business development experience
- Experience working with emerging technologies
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working speech/voice technologies
- Proven ability to prospect, recruit, and manage executive level relationships
- Strong presentation, sales, and negotiation skills; ability to close high value and high profile deals
- Strong ownership and bias for action; ability to internalize goals and work independently to create appropriate action plans for those goals
- Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to analyze issues and create appropriate tactical plans
- Meticulous attention to detail: ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without lowering your quality bar
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Demonstrated ability to champion and drive cross-functionally improvement initiatives
- Comfort working with a broad range of technology tools including SharePoint, Excel, Access, Word, and Salesforce.com
- Mobile, digital content, and apps domain experience a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across multiple business units to achieve results
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top