Principal Business Development, Amazon Advertising
- New York, NY
Open to candidates in New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington DC
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions including sponsored, display, video, and custom adsleverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more. Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is highly enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams across multiple locales.
The Principal, Business Development role is a senior leadership role in our newly formed Local Advertising team. This individual will manage our Local Advertising Business Development efforts. This individual will create and manage some of our most complex and high impact partner relationships as we create a brand new business and revenue stream for Local Advertising. This includes managing relationships and negotiations which may be unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and/or have broader implications to multiple Amazon Advertising business units. They are able to negotiate complex deals with large business prospects and execute successful agreements that cover multiple products and technology needs.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about digital media and the future of local advertising. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. The role requires subject matter expertise in regards to digital advertising and technical business development experience to incorporate technical needs of our partners and limitations/opportunity within our advertising tech stack. This role will be highly visible with senior levels of Amazon, and you will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, where new market segments and solutions should be created.
The ideal candidate has a strong track record of developing and executing business strategies, tactics, plans, processes, systems and programs. They are able to negotiate complex deals with large business prospects and execute successful agreements that cover multiple products and technology needs. This individual also has the ability to build and maintain a network of relationships to help navigate complex situations. They possess superior interpersonal skills, and are able to earn trust with internal and external senior management. The successful candidate will have a talent for responding effectively to industry direction, customer needs and competitive positioning. They are comfortable with ambiguity and juggling multiple priorities simultaneously in fast-paced dynamic environment. They possess high levels of creativity, independence, flexibility and attention to detail. In addition, this individual will be an independent thinker who can make convincing, information-based arguments.
• Take the lead in identifying, evaluating, negotiating, and managing large complex opportunities in the local advertising space
• Work closely with the Sales team to be a key contributor to strategy and the go-to-market approach
• Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of the partnerships
• Identify trends/opportunities, utilize network of industry relationships to gather marketplace intelligence, and ensure solutions include plans for metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, and launch efforts
• Develop net new product and service models that impact the core value proposition of the Local Advertising business.
• Innovate, develop, and iterate on solutions based on customer feedback
• Engage with internal cross-functional teams including advertising, product, operations, legal, finance, and senior management to execute successfully on the needs of our relationships
• Effective at articulating and presenting complex concepts to cross functional audiences using hard data and metrics to support assumptions
• Develop and manage senior-level relationships across Amazon Advertising
• 7+ years of professional work experience
• 7+ years of experience in business development, partnership management or sourcing new business
• 7+ years of experience in developing, negotiating and executing business agreements
• Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years of digital advertising experience
• Local advertising experience
• Entrepreneurial mentality
• Strong persuasion skills with ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top