Principal BigData Engineer - Support
- Tampa, FL
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon's cloud product line Amazon Web Services (#AWS), is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies globally. In India, Amazon Internet Services Private Ltd. (AISPL), is the local seller for cloud services (AWS Services) and is looking for an experienced and qualified personnel to join its Premium Support team in India focusing on Amazon's AWS - referred as AWS Support.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of customers using AWS Cloud as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Premium Support team, employed with and working for AISPL, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within AISPL developing these new capabilities.
As an Amazon Principal Engineer you'll be expected to:
• Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Leverage knowledge of internal and industry prior art in design decisions.
• Effectively research and benchmark Amazon technology against other competing systems in the industry.
• Contribute intellectual property through patents.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
• 13+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
• In depth experience in Data Warehouses/Data lakes
• In depth understanding of RDBMS/NoSQL
• Experience in working with ML models
• Experience in leading the delivery of large-scale systems focused on managing the infrastructure layer of the technology stack
• Project management experience
• Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, Middleware, and database related projects
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issue
Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of customer self-service tools and automated management/optimization of services, and a strong services orientation
• Master's degree or higher preferred
• Passion for customer experience and usability, including successful delivery of customer self-service tools and automated management/optimization of services, and a strong services orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top