Principal BDM - AWS Machine Learning & Deep Learning
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to change their business models and solve complex business challenges with machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) technologies in the cloud and AWS is leading the way in providing customers with a powerful machine learning platform.
AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) for our ML and DL platform. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value proposition about ML/DL and will directly interface with the ML/DL product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements. The BDM will work closely with AWS business development, sales, marketing and partner teams to position the AWS ML/DL platform for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our machine learning and deep learning services, platforms, frameworks and infrastructure.
In addition, the BDM will define and drive a process that the organization will follow to accelerate sales and partner-management engagement on machine learning and deep learning customer and partner opportunities. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior management.
The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from the AWS ML/DL services, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of machine learning and deep learning services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AWS ML & DL offering;
- Engages, supports and scales business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS machine learning value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
- Engages and drives scale at engaging enterprise customers and partners about the AWS ML/DL value proposition;
- Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
- Exhibits cloud managed services or ML/DL expertise and experienced handling and scaling sales campaigns with enterprises and enterprise partners;
- Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer's business issues and explores how the AWS machine learning and deep learning platform can help address and resolve these issues;
- Serves as an evangelist for the AWS machine learning platform within AWS, and externally;
- Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
- Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the AWS ML/DL platform;
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the AWS machine learning and deep learning platform, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
- The right person will be analytical, and possess 5-10 years enterprise selling outsourcing or managed services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry;
- Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen;
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business;
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- 5+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience;
- Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations;
- Business level experience with AI / machine learning software platforms;
- Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc);
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top