Principal, AWS Strategy and Business Development
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is seeking a Principal level Business Development Leader, Technology Partnerships to join our AWS Strategy and Business Development team in Seattle, WA. This is a unique opportunity to join a centralized AWS team that handles particularly complicated, high impact strategic partnerships for AWS. As a Principal Business Development Leader, Technology Partnerships you will be working with AWS service team leaders to identify and negotiate partnerships for Amazon Web Services (AWS) that enhance and accelerate AWS platform capabilities for customers. This includes managing relationships and negotiations for partnership deals which are unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and/or have broader implications to AWS and other Amazon business units.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon. You will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, if/when major features are in existing roadmaps, and current trends around innovation, consolidation and customer adoption. We dive deep and provide thoughtful technical analysis, but are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making. Identifying and executing strategic partnerships is our primary objective.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical, technical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon and our AWS growth. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving. Proving you are an effective negotiator is a critical part of this job. AWS Strategy and Business Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon's businesses.
Specific Responsibilities Include The Following
• Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage partnerships that enhance and accelerate AWS service capabilities for customers.
• Ability to assess technical feasibility for our AWS business.
• Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of partnerships.
• Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute on the relationships.
• Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities.
• Support the strategic objectives and interests of Amazon's business teams on a global basis.
• Extensive experience in technology business development, strategy consulting, product management, investment banking, or venture investing experience in a corporate or financial services environment
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or proven technical acumen
• End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as licensing, OEM, co-development, and strategic technology relationships.
• MBA from a top-tier program
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
• Thought leader with a solid understanding of enterprise / IT technologies and their intersection with commerce.
• Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives.
• Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow.
• Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
• Competency with Internet software and cloud technologies.
• Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top