Principal AWS Solutions Architect, Startups (France)
- Seattle, WA
Startup Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with startups at all stages of their lifecycle.
Solutions Architects are responsible for the overall technical relationship between customers and AWS and make recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency. They work to understand the customer's needs and give prescriptive guidance on how to create business value with AWS technology. Solutions Architects lead activities such as architecture reviews, white-boarding sessions, demos and technical workshops. They collaborate with other teams such as account management, professional services, support, product teams and the AWS partner ecosystem.
Principal Solutions Architects work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They have a leading role in developing both the strategy and the team itself. They combine an informed view of the Startup market with their understanding of emerging technology trends to speed-up innovation across their customer segment. Externally, they are recognized thought leaders and influence the strategy of our customers. Internally, they earn a reputation of role models and deliver bar-raising guidance to the broader Solutions Architecture team.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container based architectures, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security).
The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn. You will have the support to grow your expertise in industry and technology areas of depth. Every day you will learn something new from your customers, your peers and your own experiments.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Collaborate within the startup ecosystem (accelerators, incubators, VCs and meetups) to educate startups and support their growth
• Work directly with high growth startups to accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business priorities
• Build technical relationships with technical co-founders and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
• Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of AWS features. Proactively work within the organization to influence the evolution of the platform to better serve Startups of all sizes.
• Take a leading role in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures for startups (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
• Evangelize and educate about AWS technology and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
• Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by identifying talent needs in the organization.
• Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
• Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
• Passion for technology and for learning
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale apps in the cloud
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
• Experience having co-founded or worked for a VC-backed Startup
• Experience working in a customer-facing role and/or public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
"Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates."
Back to top