Principal AWS Cloud Architect- SLG-EDU
- United States
Location is flexible anywhere in the contiguous United States, however access to a major airport is required for travel purposes.
Are you passionate about building and leading successful IT transformations at Fortune 100 companies or within the Public Sector? Do you love leading an enterprise Customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid Cloud operations? Can you lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business outcomes using new IT deliver models?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Public Sector, we're hiring next generation enterprise Leaders to work with our top-tier global customers and their partners in transforming their enterprise IT landscapes. As a Principal Consultant in the SLG/EDU Practice you will engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective hybrid cloud infrastructures, create transition plans and develop business cases to justify the programs. Our engagements include projects covering thousands of applications across tens of thousands of servers and involve developing a shared vision, leading the customer through the challenges of cloud adoption, demonstrating the reality of the vision and then enabling them to achieve full operational integration.
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies.
• Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
• Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
• Architecting hybrid AWS and on-premise solutions for technology clusters and patterns.
• Establishing shared IT service centers for Cloud operations.
• Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration.
• Generating AWS migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
• Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute migration plans.
• Getting feedback from common Enterprise requirements into AWS service development teams.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• At least 10 of years of experience delivering technology solutions to Public Sector customers to enable technologies and cloud services;
• A Bachelors degree;
• 15+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
• Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services at the highest level
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Proven experience migrating production enterprise applications to Public and Private Cloud
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
• Masters/MBA degree, PMP preferred.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top