Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
We are looking for a Principal Architect (PA) to lead the Amazon Robotics IT into the future. The PA is a senior technologist that will serve as the technical visionary, strategist, and problem solver for Amazon Robotics IT. In this role you will work closely with business and IT organizations across Amazon to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems. The PA will be responsible for creating the vision and driving the strategy and execution to modernize AR IT systems and infrastructure landscape, as well as leading a digital transformation and building a functional team to support an architecture focus and function within the IT organization. The PA will define roadmaps that bridge current to future state business capabilities, digital transformation, and facilitate development of strategies across multiple disciplines, with a significant focus on our future state ERP direction.
• Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
• Drive the creation and implementation of the architecture function and team.
• Develop a long-term ERP strategy that can scale and grow to support existing and new functions as required.
• Drive a digital transformation across the entire IT landscape that enables more automation, efficiency, and user experience.
• Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine impact on AR's business and systems strategy, direction and architecture.
• Decompose business and system strategies and initiatives into actionable multi-year roadmaps.
• Drive analysis of the business' future-state capabilities and IT environment to detect gaps and recommend solutions for improvement and modernization.
• Guide project teams with technical direction, ensuring efforts are aligned with the future vision and strategy.
• Bachelor degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in 3+ of the following disciplines: supply chain, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, infrastructure, or network
• 5+ years experience in ERP discipline, architecture, strategy, and implementations
• 5+ years experience in strategy and technology planning
• Experienced with information management practices, system development life cycle management, Agile, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, EA frameworks, and DevOps
• Proven facilitation, influence, leadership, and negotiation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication at all levels of the organization
• Experience with data warehousing, analytics, and visualization
• Cybersecurity and InfoSec policies, technologies, and procedures
• Cisco network, VMWare or similar technologies
• Oracle EBS
• Cloud computing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .