Principal Applied Scientist, Machine Learning
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses. As a core product offering within our advertising portfolio, Sponsored Products (SP) helps merchants, retail vendors, and brand owners succeed via native advertising, which grows incremental sales of their products sold through Amazon. The SP team's primary goals are to help shoppers discover new products they love, be the most efficient way for advertisers to meet their business objectives, and build a sustainable business that continuously innovates on behalf of customers. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth.
The Principal Scientist is responsible for innovation aimed at evolving our machine learning solutions, inventing new shopper and advertiser experiences, and accelerating the pace of innovation. From influencing customer facing shopping experiences to helping suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising, this role will be powering the engine of one the fastest growing businesses at Amazon!
To be successful in this role you will need proven experience in defining a long-term science vision, driven fundamentally from the needs of customers, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This is a role that combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding. In the immediate term, this role requires (a) addressing principles of allocation function and pricing in ad marketplace auctions, (b) developing efficient algorithms for multiparameter optimization and AI control methods to find operating points for the ad marketplace auctions and to evolve them, and (c) develop science talent around learning, Economics and optimization for WW ads.
Impact and Career Growth:
• You will invent new shopper and advertiser experiences, and accelerate the pace of Machine Learning and Optimization.
• Influence customer facing shopping experiences to helping suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising, this role will be powering the engine of one the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
• Define a long-term science vision for our ad marketplace, driven fundamentally from the needs of our customers, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams.
• This is a role that combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus and business understanding.
Why you love this opportunity:
• Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales.
• Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products.
• We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related disciplines.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience delivering top quality machine learning solutions, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with online advertising products.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
• Expert in machine learning, statistics, and experiment design.
• Expert in taking machine learning solutions into production at big scale
• Expereince hiring and building teams of applied scientists.
• Exhibits excellent judgment.
• Hires great people. Develops great people.
• Has relentlessly high standards.
• Expects, enables and requires innovation of all teams.
• Thinks big and has convictions.
• Delivers results..
Back to top