Principal Applied Scientist - JP Consumer Tech
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you experienced at applying machine learning to big-data tasks? Are you excited by analyzing and modeling terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems? We love data and we have lots of it. Join a high impact innovative team of software engineers and data scientists who use Machine Learning to develop highly innovative and impactful products to driving topline growth and influence the company's bottom line.
The JP Consumer Tech is nested in high tech Metro Tokyo and builds features on the website (across PC and Mobile platforms) that drive customer engagement and helps with customer's purchasing decisions through pricing, personalization, recommendations, and search and discovery. Join us to build revolutionary products that has significant impact of the company's footprint. We are looking for versatile and passionate Machine Learning Scientist who want to develop industry leading technologies and set the bar for every other company.
As a principal machine learning scientist, you will guide a team of software managers, product managers, software engineers, and data scientists about technology and research directions. You will work on projects of large opportunities. You will collaborate with other economists, engineers and product teams. Your work will have a direct impact on the bottom line of our business while improving customer experience. If big data, cutting edge technologies and building intelligent systems excite you, if you love to innovate and deliver results, then we want you to be on our team.
• Use machine learning and statistics techniques to create scalable solutions for the key areas described above.
• Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data to help automate and optimize key processes.
• Design, experiment and evaluate highly innovative models for predictive learning.
• Work closely with software engineering and business teams to drive real-time model experiments, implementations and new feature creations.
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
• Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis.
• Act as the point of contact and machine learning leader for the business. Represent the Machine Learning team inside and outside of JP Consumer Tech
• MS/PHD in CS Machine Learning, Statistics, or in a highly quantitative field
• Solid background in statistical learning techniques
• Algorithm implementation experience as well as the ability to modify standard algorithms (e.g. changing objectives, working-out the math, implementing and scaling)
• Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python, R, etc.).
• Experience in implementing the models that handle terabytes of data.
• Knowledge of or experience in building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to machine learning.
• Fluency with Unix systems
• Ability to develop prototypes by manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
• Proven record of delivering results
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• Strong problem solving ability
• 10+ years of industry experience in machine learning and large data analysis
• Experience with search and recommendation systems
• Experience with boosting, deep learning and sequence modeling
Back to top