The Automated Reasoning Group in AWS Platform is looking for a Principal Applied Scientist with experience in building scalable automated reasoning solutions that delight customers. You will be part of a world-class team building the next generation of automated reasoning tools and services. You will apply your knowledge to propose solutions, create software prototypes, and productize prototypes into production systems using software development tools and methodologies. In addition, you will support and scale your solutions to meet the ever-growing demand of customer use. You have demonstrated leadership in automated reasoning positions in industry or academia, strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on AWS. They harness the power of the cloud to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. Using automated reasoning technology and mathematical proofs, AWS allows customers to answer questions about security, availability, durability, and functional correctness. We call this provable security, absolute assurance in security of the cloud and in the cloud. https://aws.amazon.com/security/provable-security/
As a Principal Applied Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition and vision for applied science across teams within AWS. We have a diverse portfolio of projects that target protocol, code, and hardware verification, and leadership opportunities exist for:
• Scaling code-level automated reasoning, invariant synthesis, and proof repair to scale and automate proofs of foundational AWS code,
• Building new engines and extending foundational proof engines such as SAT, MaxSAT, and SMT solvers to take advantage of the cloud,
• Researching the application of automated reasoning to machine learning and quantum algorithms,
• Building automated reasoning solutions for critical AWS DSLs for architectural configuration, migration, IoT, and other areas, and
• Improving integration and user experience of automated reasoning tools to support large-scale adoption and use of automated reasoning techniques.
You will work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important things, and you will design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• MS or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
• At least 10 years of industrial/academic experience in formal verification, program analysis, constraint-solving, and theorem proving
• At least 10 years of experience with SMT/SAT solvers
• At least 10 years of experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, or Python and open-source technologies
• At least 10 years of experience in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
• Demonstrated track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements
• Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• At least 2 years of experience on Invariant Synthesis, Proof Repair, or Syntax-guided synthesis.
• At least 8 years of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience developing/modifying compilers
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"