Principal Applied Scientist- Alexa AI
- Seattle, WA
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We're looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Principal Scientist to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Principal Artificial Intelligence Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding and dialog systems. You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in artificial intelligence. You will mentor junior scientists, and work in a fast paced team environment. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
• Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with at least 7 years of related work experience
• Familiarity with standard artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, scientific thinking, and the ability to invent
• Familiarity with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python
• PhD with specialization in artificial intelligence, natural language processing, machine learning, or computational cognitive science
• Strong publication record
• Strong software development skills
• Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
• Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top