Principal Analytics Platform Technical Specialist - West Region
- Flexible / Remote
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
As the regional lead for Analytics Platform Technology within Amazon Web Services, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a technology strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's cloud computing platform for Analytics. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key customers and industries to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those accounts and industries, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You'll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers, architects, and DBAs. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Analytics Platform team focused on helping to drive overall AWS analytics strategy for customer transformations.
• Drive program engagement in the West Region
• Technical expert to help identify the ideal cross-platform solution to support comprehensive use cases.
• Build cross-platform demos to show the "art of the possible".
• Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
• Align with regional account teams and professional services to develop large lighthouse customers utilizing broad services of the AWS Database and Analytics platform to deliver exceptional customer outcomes.
• Lead customer briefings, present at customer events, and further AWS analytics thought leadership
• Alignment with service teams to ensure voice-of-customer visibility into user priorities
• Spend considerable time face to face with customer C-suite, LOB, and IT decision makers to influence AWS wins and accelerate customer business outcomes
• Engage with C-Level Executives to educate them on how to leverage Data as a competitive advantage
• Participate in industry trade shows to distinguish the AWS value proposition from others in the market
• Build internal support and excitement with other internal teams to increase analytics revenue throughout the company
• Collaborate with other internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive messaging and differentiation of the Analytics solutions at AWS
• 10+ years of consulting, presales, enterprise selling, and/or program/product management experience specifically supporting analytics initiatives
• Experience working with Big Data, Business Intelligence and other analytics technology is required
• Demo development experience
• Experience in working in a matrixed organization.
• Design Thinking experience
• Understanding and experience in business initiatives requiring data driven solutions.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
• Experience working with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, IBM Netezza, Hadoop, Spark or other data warehouse or data lake technologies is required.
• Experience with AI/ML technologies a plus
• Solution selling experience
• Experience with Design Thinking/Working Backwards methodologies a plus
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top