Principal, Alexa Voice Services Program Management
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon Alexa Voice Service is seeking a Principal Program Manager. This team's exciting mandate is to bring Alexa to industry leading Smart TV, Set Top Boxes and Streaming Media Devices. Responsibilities include (but not limited to): 1) Run OP & resource planning for AVS org, 2) Lead AVS org wide initiatives like diversity/inclusion programs, budget management, recruiting, connections/Tech Survey, goals review, and leadership program reviews, 3) Lead Program Management tool adoption across AVS, 4) Identify and streamline cross-team processes where we have dependencies on BD, PM, and other Tech teams, and 5) drive high impact AVS process improvement opportunities focused on scaling, cost reduction and fast(er) delivery. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects, and will have a well-rounded program management backgrounds. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in technical program management for software solutions and services; including experience with project management applications and critical path analysis.
• 7+ years of experience leading software development projects.
• Experience in agile software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile estimation and planning, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience with delivery of applications and/or services on Smart TVs, Smart Displays, Tablets, or Set Top Boxes.
• Product Management experience.
• Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top