Principal Aerospace and Satellite Professional Services Consultant
- Herndon, VA
AWS is seeking a Principal Professional Services Engineer with experience building software for space and/or satellite communications systems to join our emerging Aerospace & Satellite group!
Please Note: this position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
If you are interested in applying space-specific cloud services to the aerospace market (e.g. AWS Ground Station and other AWS capabilities like edge computing, artificial intelligence and machine learning) - please keep reading!
As a part of our Aerospace & Satellite Professional Services team, you will build on your aerospace industry domain expertise and work with enterprise space customers to help them rapidly realize business value by adopting cloud technology. Partnering with internal and external organizations, you will develop new capabilities, create and execute proof of concept demonstrations, and execute a growth strategy for our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to act as a technical lead on customer engagements, responsible for opportunity capture and driving solution delivery.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on engineer who possesses deep experience in the space domain such as: national security missions, architectures, launch and early orbit operations, mission control center and spacecraft operations, constellation management, satellite communications, emergency operations, and mission data processing and distribution. Expertise in cloud computing and/or the broader aerospace domain to include aircraft, missile systems, payloads, and electronics is also desired.
• This is a highly technical position. You will architect and implement solutions using AWS services to support aerospace industry customers across a variety of missions and use cases.
• You will work closely with partner teams; drive business development initiatives through thought leadership; provide portfolio guidance and oversight; and meet customer satisfaction targets
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with the Aerospace and Satellite Solutions team to drive AWS adoption
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We also put a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
The position is based in the Washington, DC area. You be required to travel to customer locations in the Washington, DC area to deliver support services when needed. Travel outside of the DC region (25-50% typical).
For more information please reach out to Olivia Black (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• 15+ years of experience in the aerospace domain including experience with national security space missions
• 10+ years of experience in enterprise IT with focus on systems architecture, software development, application architecture, database architecture, or networking
• 5+ years consulting, software development, architecture and/or implementation experience
• Knowledge of cloud computing including adoption strategies and transition challenges
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math
• 5+ years satellite communications experience; understanding emerging communications technologies and related protocols
• 3+ years cloud and related information technology experience
• AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level. Professional level AWS certifications desired.
• Deep understanding of cloud computing and related enterprise information technologies
• Familiarity with compliance and security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
• Experience building and leading successful IT transformations at Fortune 100 companies or within the Public Sector
• Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development
• Experience programming applications backed by cloud services
• Experience with agile developments methods
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top