Principal Advisory Consultant
- Dallas, TX
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are searching for Consultants to join the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Advisory- Strategy practice to work with our strategic Customers. Team members possess a diverse IT and/or Management Consulting background and knowledge of industry IT trends, leveraging this credibility as advisors with Customers, Partners and Internally across AWS.
We are seeking an action-oriented visionary who is craving to be part of a great company in a fast growing industry. We need someone that will thrive in a fast-paced environment on our emerging AWS ProServe, Advisory - Strategy practice.
The ideal candidate will be able to craft a forward-looking strategy while clearly outlining the investment and multi-step go-to-market plan necessary to help AWS customers lead the changes to IT strategy, policies, processes, people, governance and partnerships.
We are seeking outcome driven and customer obsessed experts who are passionate about:
• Engaging with C-level executives to define Enterprise cloud strategies.
• Maintaining C-Suite and line-of-business relationships within the customer organization to become a trusted advisor
• Having and communicating in-depth knowledge of industry IT trends
• Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility
• Architecting hybrid AWS and on-premises solutions for technology clusters and patterns.
• Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration
• Generating AWS migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures
• Collaborating with consulting and managed services partners to build and execute plans
• Implementing large-scale enterprise IT change management programs
• Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to institutional strategies and policies
• Understanding customer business drivers and strategies, architectures, cloud adoption roadmaps, operating models, KPI, to measure and monitor benefits realization
• Influence industry-thinking through current technology trends mixed with AWS best practices
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 15+ years of IT consulting experience in Customer-facing roles
• Experience in two or more of the following transformation practice areas: Business case and use case development, Financial modeling, Complex program management, Enterprise Business/ Process / IT Architectures, Executive agenda items and metrics
• Experience leading large-scale Cloud based IT transformation projects
• Experience with Agile Enterprise IT Management frameworks (e.g. SAFe ®, ITIL ® Sigma, Agile/SCRUM processes, etc.)
• Designing, building and operating global IT infrastructures
• Proficiency with Value Stream Mapping methodologies
• Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures experience
• Current or former CTO/CIO who has helped transform the IT organization of multi-national enterprises
• Outstanding Customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills in a consulting team leader role
• Masters/MBA degree
• Demonstrated industry leadership in area of ScaledAgile, Digital Innovation, IT Operations, Cloud Computing, or IT Strategy
• Track record of implementing AWS Services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers.
• Experience on creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a larger transformation
• Possess AWS Certifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top