Principal Advertising Policy Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you looking for a new challenge in a rapidly growing organization within a disruptive and innovative company? Amazon's Worldwide Advertising Policy team is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Principal Program Manager to help define creative standards across a growing portfolio of global advertising products.
Owning ad policies for all advertising products in APAC, the Ad Policy Manager will work closely with Amazon leadership to administer the ongoing development and evolution of search and display advertising guidelines and policies. In this role you will continuously evaluate advertising standards, creative review and escalation processes, and localize global policies as appropriate for Japan and other APAC countries.
The Principal Ad Policy Manager will give presentations and workshops on ad policies and standards to advertising clients, agencies, and internal customers to ensure a broad understanding of the intent and requirements of Amazon's advertising policies across Search, Performance, Display, and custom advertising products. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to improve policy enforcement mechanisms, analyze data to prioritize tool improvements, and help set the vision for automated creative review to enable policy enforcement at scale. The Principal Program Manager is responsible for maintaining and enforcing a high customer experience bar for the advertising organization as a whole.
We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon owned and operated sites, on other high-quality publishers across the web, out of home experiences, and on devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
• 10+ years of experience in developing creative acceptance policies, advertising standards, compliance practices, or a related field.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• High degree of organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; prioritizes based on impact and makes difficult tradeoffs to meet deadlines.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills that set the standard for the organization.
• Understanding of the impact ad policy decisions have on advertisers and retail customers and a demonstrated ability to balance revenue opportunities with brand trust and customer experience.
• Track record of delivering programmatic goals and managing complex projects.
• English and Japanese fluency required.
• Master's degree or MBA
• Directly applicable experience in digital advertising/ advertising technology with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Proven ability to launch and manage successful, customer focused service models at scale.
• Experience leading regional projects and strategic planning.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean processes.
Back to top