The Account Manager - Telco, will be responsible for providing business leadership and management within the account team for one of our leading telco customers in EMEA. You will manage, build and maintain key relationships, develop and manage opportunities, monitor deployment projects and engage virtual resources. You will define CXO relationship strategies within the account, including engaging with AWS senior leadership team for executive sponsorships, coordinating executive business reviews, and maintaining customer satisfaction. Responsibilities: Account Manager - Telco is responsible for teaming with the customer's Line-of-Business and IT Organizations to build strategic relationships across the account, and articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups. The role is responsible for selling at a strategic level within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation. The Account Manager - Telco will work with all appropriate AWS resources (Executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests. This includes dotted line responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources that may be geographically distributed. Development of formal case studies and other forms of references highlighting activity and workloads running on AWS is core to the role.
The candidate must have 12+ years' experience working with a large Global organization as lead Account and Relationship Manager. People management, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required. Candidate must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving and negotiating skills
• Experience selling into or working for a large Telco company is strongly preferred.
• Experience as the as the primary Account Manager or team leader for enterprise customers working with multiple business units and influencing governance and policy is a plus.
• A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field and a minimum of 10+ years of enterprise selling experience in large global accounts.
• Additional experiences to include: experience in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record; ability to navigate across AWS and the customer in a trusted advisor/consultative approach; and, establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations.
• A strong understanding of AWS and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS) is preferred.