- The primary role of a Product Manager Technical Products, External Services (PMT-ES) within Amazon Web Services is to assume end-to-end product ownership over one of our technical product offerings. PMTs are expected to dive deep into the technology both from a product and customer perspective, working with software engineers and business partners to define, build, launch and grow new technology-driven products and services. These products might be hardware offerings, software or technical services, and customers often include developers, IT departments or enterprise CIOs.
- This is a high performance team of product managers that are defining and building the future of cloud networking. You will be making a significant impact in the areas of Software Defined Networking, Wide Area Networks, L4-L7 network services, network security, network observability and container networking.
- We are growing rapidly, and seeking a PMT-ES', with experience building internet scale platforms. We are looking for technical product leaders who will define, own and drive the delivery and adoption of new services, capabilities and user experiences which enable customers, of all sizes, to easily and efficiently scale their businesses.
- Build services that technical end-customers can trust to run their workloads
- Engage with customers throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Ability to build strong technical product marketing and pricing strategies early on in the customer engagement cycle to drive product awareness
- Define and drive creative, detailed product definition of new capabilities
- Engage with customers through a variety of channels, to understand their needs and serve as their advocate
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational load
- Work closely with engineering teams and UX to deliver products to market
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 7+ years of product management experience preferably with cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, and/or Internet-scale applications.
- 7+ years of product management experience in delivering successful technical or cloud products
- 7+ years of experience in translating customer needs into features, product packaging, appropriate pricing models, positioning and delivering an unparalleled customer experience
- MBA and/or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics
- Technical breadth and depth including familiarity with software-defined networking, virtualization and public cloud
- Experience delivering high quality technology products/services in a scale up environment where priorities can shift rapidly
- Experience in driving a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team
- Experience driving a technical global product and team with end to end inbound and outbound product responsibilities
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills