Prime Video Linear TV - Principal Product Manager, Technical
- Amman, Jordan
Amazon Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies, TV shows, Amazon Channels and live content with hundreds of thousands of titles available on-demand and in real-time on Fire Tablets, mobile devices, game consoles, Internet-connected PCs, Macs, TVs, Blu-ray players, Alexa devices, Fire TV and Stick, and set-top-boxes.
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy working in a fast-moving product space? We are seeking an experienced Product Manager for the Prime Video Linear TV team to redefine how customers watch 24/7 linear broadcast TV content. Linear TV enables customers to watch 24/7 streams of their favorite TV stations airing programs including sports, news, movies, award shows, special events and TV shows. You will be responsible for designing the end-to-end customer experience for how customers discover and watch Linear TV content. You will work directly with global business stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve acquisition, engagement, and content selection. You will conduct hands-on analyses to develop a deep understanding of the Linear TV content consumption behavior to develop and prioritize the roadmap. Having one foot in the now, and one foot in the future, you will help invent new ways for customers to explore our catalog of Linear TV content. As Principal Product Manager-Technical, you will:
• Actively participate in developing the strategy and roadmap of our long-term revolutionary experience.
• Partner with key stakeholders to develop product roadmaps based on customer data and strategic vision.
• Define prioritized feature sets to address customer needs.
• Create detailed product requirement documents.
• Rapidly run experiments to quickly deliver iterative improvements for our customers.
• Develop machine learning solutions to solve unique problems at scale.
• Be "hands-on" for the development, launch and post-launch assessment of all the features you develop.
• Innovate on the next-gen worry-free Linear TV experience.
This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work collaboratively with design, engineering, legal, content, operations and other teams to identify, design, prioritize and deliver features to drive customer acquisition and engagement. You will have the opportunity to take on end-to-end ownership and successfully deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience capturing behavioral data and generating quantitative data analysis as inputs to feature definition and decision making.
• Experience using A/B testing frameworks to assess the impact of new functionality.
• Demonstrated experience with written and verbal communication to influence senior management.
• Experience securing alignment across a group of cross-functional stakeholders.
• Experience with video technology and/or over-the-top (OTT) streaming platform
• Experience with linear tv broadcast technology
• Direct experience defining product roadmaps which deliver simple, immersive customer experiences while dealing with complex underlying technical requirements.
• Experience working with UX designers and researchers
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs, and work cross-functionally with engineering, design and marketing/business counterparts to deliver online products/services
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions (SQL strongly preferred)
• Proven ability to deliver results and prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment.
• MBA or advanced degree in a related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top