Prime Video Customer Research Manager - Content Marketing
- Tokyo, Japan
Prime Video has a unique opportunity to pioneer the shift towards digital video entertainment in Japan. Offering thousands of titles to stream online across hundreds of devices, including recent cinema blockbusters, local hit shows and our own locally-created Amazon Original content, Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and series in Japan and we want you to be a part of it. Making people aware of our content, and why we think it's great, is fundamental to our growth. That's why we care deeply about our content marketing and continue to invest in it heavily.
The Prime Video Japan Marketing Strategy Team is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Research Manager to help ensure the voice of the customer is central to our most important marketing decisions. This position will be responsible for applying best in class research methodologies to support our diverse range of content marketing campaigns. We need you to combine your experience across customer research and analytics with your passion for entertainment to provide rich insights to our Marketing Campaign Team that helps us to deliver breakthrough marketing for our content.
In this role, your core responsibilities will be to:
• Generate and update audience insights for our most important content genres and individual titles.
• Manage marketing concept and creative testing for content campaigns.
• Manage in-flight campaign tracking and post-evaluation research for content campaigns, including media effectiveness.
• Improve recurring processes for campaign development and manage external research agency relationships.
The successful candidate will have proven proficiency in customer research principles and direct project management experience. They will have strong analytical abilities, and proficient written and verbal communication skills. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. They will work closely with the Strategy and Planning, Campaign Marketing, Customer Data Analytics and Content Insights teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Analytics, Economics or a similar field.
• 5+ years' experience across Customer Insights, Market Research, Data Analytics, Marketing Strategy or Business Consulting
• 3+ years' experience in customer research management, client- or agency-side
• Bi-lingual in spoken and written Japanese and English, and ability to write in English clearly and concisely
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to clearly convey key insights from analysis
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external teams to deliver complex projects
• Experience applying consumer insights to develop and evaluate mass marketing campaigns
• Experience leading studies across various methodologies: online quant and qual surveys, focus groups, 1:1
Back to top