Prime Air - Sr. Industrial Design Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We're working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We're looking for an outstanding Senior Industrial Design Engineer who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. We're looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
As a Senior Industrial Design Engineer you will be the subject matter expert in providing technical details to our construction and facilities partners. You will oversee both system and station-level designs to ensure Prime Air's technicians and manufacturing associates are working efficiently and safely. You will also help coach junior engineers to develop engineering talent within Prime Air. You are a learner and doer at heart, who continuously engages across business, technical and operational teams to achieve amazing outcomes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Taking end-to-end ownership of large, complex facility systems architecture delivering business-critical goals. Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions
• Solving complex technical design and business problems requiring high judgment and ability to influence others to reach consensus based on local/regional requirements, costs, labor, scalability, etc. Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations
• Impacting long-term systems-of-systems design, architecture, execution of partner teams, vendors to meet scaling needs. Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time
• Defining and delivering technical strategies with limited guidance to a defined business problem. Manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors
• 20% of travel time is expected for both domestic and international business efforts
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon's ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
• Bachelor's of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Manufacturing and Systems Engineering or related field and 5+ years of relevant work experience
• 5+ Years' experience in project management of manufacturing engineering design projects; experience managing vendors locally and abroad; driving fast development cycles
• 5+ years' experience using data to find root cause, develop solutions and implement process improvement plans
• 5+ years experience in factor physics, ergonomics and design-in-safety
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• 5+ years of experience designing manufacturing sub-systems that have been successfully deployed at scale
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication, ability to present and explain design, defect data, metrics, supplier quality, improvement initiatives and status to top leadership and/ or government officials
• Demonstrated skills with M/S outlook, word, excel, project, CAD software
• Ability to travel 20% globally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders
• Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Manufacturing and Systems Engineering or related field and 7+ years of relevant work experience
• 7+ years experience in factor physics, ergonomics and design-in-safety
• 5+ years working with real estate and construction leaders
• Familiarity with OSHA/NFPA/IBC/IFC codes a plus
• CATIA experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top