Prgm Mgr - Business Excellence
- Bangalore, India
About the Team: Consumables Business Excellence(CBE) team is part of Consumables (FMCG) Business under India Consumer Business org. CBE team owns Get-Close and Get-Fit inputs for the Consumables business and drives initiatives that accelerate the flywheel.
CBE drives various programs for Consumables business in partnership with various central teams within Amazon (e.g. Ops, Supply Chain, Customer Service, RBS, Return Customer Experience, Cost of Business Waste, Machine Learning, Fulfilment Channels etc.) and engages with all functions within category management org Category, InStock, Finance, Marketing, Program and Product.
Within Consumables business, CBE also functions as the central team stitching together planning cycles in close coordination with Category and Finance leadership.
About the Role: This role is of L5 Program Manager in CBE who will be driving multiple small programs or subsets of larger programs. These programs will vary across all touchpoints of our Ecommerce business . Few examples are - Speed Improvement by driving programs for in-stock replication; Reducing Business Waste by reducing Returns, Damages; Identify ways to prevent abuse by bad actors while protecting genuine customers experience. The tenure of these programs can vary from short term to long term. Hence, while this role will enrich and broaden the perspective of the program manager, it will required program manager to be absolutely comfortable with Ambiguity.
This Program Manager will completely own aspects of the program given to them- manage, measure and report performance, determine and drive initiatives necessary to improve it. It requires an individual to showcase judgment and decision making skills to balance customer experience with financial impact. This position offers a broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon.
We are looking for an outstanding program manager who will help shape the future programs for Consumables category in India. The program manager will use a combination of exceptional customer experience focus, analytical skills, and strategic thinking to improve the customer experience for programs and build systems to manage & monitor these programs. This role requires engaging actively with global teams to understand the best practices from other locales as well as tweak experience for India based on the unique business environment and unique customer requirement of India.
Ideal candidate: will possess a background of both strong program/product management as well as business management, enjoys and excels at dealing with ambiguity, demonstrates a passion for working on behalf of customers, is very self-driven, have a track record of on-time delivery of cross-functional projects, and have the ability to operate independently and autonomously; has excellent written and verbal articulation skills.
• 3+ years experience in program or project management
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• The position is based out of BLR2(World Trade Center).
• While travel is minimal and need based, Candidate should be open to travel to visit operations sites like various FCs and sites for Vendors, Brands as required to drive programs.
• Our plan is to return to an office-centric culture as our baseline.
• SQL, Excel and Access proficiency.
• Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
• Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
• Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
• Insists on highest standards; drive processes to set and exceed a high bar for customer experience.
Back to top