Pre-Construction Vendor Manager
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented Senior Construction Vendor Manager to lead the capacity planning and delivery of key equipment supply chains for the continued expansion of our EU fulfillment network. Successful candidates will have strong level of ownership and be highly motivated individuals who have wide Construction Project Management experience.
The role will understand the details of Amazon buildings and will deep dive on key construction partners by working in close collaboration with consultants, General Contractors, Procurement and Construction.
This individual will be responsible for managing critical path schedule of Developer, Consultants and GC tenders with the objective to accelerate our end-to-end project timing. The Senior Technical Vendor Manager will have high work capacity, bias for action, proven experience in Project and Program Management and a passion to build capability, both external, at suppliers, and internally with robust work processes and people coaching capability. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
The role will be based in Luxembourg and will include frequent travel to locations within EU.
- Develop and maintain the GC & Consultant Procurement Strategy together with Procurement Team;
- Collect and sync feedback on Developer, GCs and Consultants;
- Assist Pre Construction Manager during GC procurement;
- Assist RE Transaction Manager during Developer procurement;
• Maintain repository for all tenders by site in WorkDocs. Ensure all documents are uploaded appropriately.
Work with external vendors and internal teams to deliver CAPEX projects safely, on time and on cost:
• Lead overall end-to-end technical vendor management to deliver large scale projects.
• Evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure.
• Lead technical program reviews and drive schedule acceleration, cost savings. Standardization.
• Deep dive on technical details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
• Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
• Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
• Be a business partner with the Procurement, Pre Construction and Construction teams, drive execution of commercial and technical deliverables.
• Work very closely with Pre Construction / Construction / Project Delivery Teams and support on General Contractor & Consultancy sourcing.
• Assist in providing tools to find and secure partners for best value and competition.
• Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
• Ability to understand Operational processes.
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
• Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects.
• Flexibility to travel up to 50% across projects in Europe.
• Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software.
Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languages.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top