Pre-Construction Manager (Based in Luxembourg)
- Frankfurt, Germany
The successful candidate will be a key part of Design&Construction team and will be responsible for project managing new building planning, design and pre-construction. This will include the extension of existing facilities and any new sites. The Pre-Construction Manager will join the recently created centralized EU Pre-Construction Team and play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU facility network infrastructure focussing primarily on our large Fulfilment Centers. This role will analyse and evaluate different facility scenarios and build-out designs. In addition, this candidate has to support the standardization of the technical and facility related processes and systems.
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
The role will be based in Luxembourg and will include frequent travel to locations within EU.
- Obtain and document all specifics regarding projects from site selection and transaction management. Research and compile all available information for site.
• Provide coordination of all engineering and architectural specifications for each building type including but not limited to internal composite coordination, site-specific information including site surveys, existing drawings and site visits, transportation and traffic control, internal BRS requirements, and specific LOB requirements/standards.
• Coordinate initial architectural design and permit submittals as required.
• Develop and provide supporting documents for lease execution for example, site plans, work letters, schedules, phasing plans, etc.
• Develop initial construction schedules and sequences for phasing of construction if necessary.
• Creation of construction estimates for capital requests, and other planning efforts.
• Manage due diligence, utility and other coordination efforts prior to construction hand-off.
• Provide complete and accurate documentation for construction handoff, uploaded to WorkDocs. Including but not limited to contacts, drawings, permit status, lease language & exhibits, capital request breakdown, any LL contributions or reimbursements, and any other work product that has been completed by Pre-Construction.
• Maintain repository for all pre-construction work product by site in WorkDocs. Ensure all documents are uploaded appropriately.
- We are looking for a fluent German speaker to be based out of our Luxembourg offices
Would you like an opportunity to travel and work in multiple EU countries and cultures?
The role will be based in Luxembourg with 40% of time travelling either domestically or to other EU countries
• Completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field or Amazon experience
• Strong experience as an engineer and construction manager
• Experience as a facilities manager or similar
• Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
- Candidate must speak fluent English and German fluently
• Master's degree in engineering or construction management
• Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, vendors, etc.)
• Ability to travel throughout EU up to 40% of the time
• Ability to speak any other EU languages is a plus
• Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
• Experience leading and managing a team, including, coaching and disciplinary actions, as needed
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top