Pre-Construction Manager, ACE – Amazon Go
Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Learn more at amazon.com/go.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious team that continues to push the state of the art and improve the daily lives of customers.
The Role: The Pre-Construction Manager role is a position that will work cross-functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders and will manage projects during the pre-construction phase. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, comfortable wearing many hats and work effectively in a highly collaborative environment. You are insanely talented, super detail-oriented and have demonstrated the ability to work back from core customer needs. You consistently manage stakeholder expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes because organization and attention to detail are in your DNA.
- Develop and lead the pre-construction process for projects..
- Manage projects and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with business partners.
- Establish project budgets.
- Review and approve building plans.
- Evaluate site feasibility including truck routing plans.
- Responsible for approval of developer/landlord building envelope delivery.
- Establish effective relationships along with an understanding of municipalities and permit processes.
- Lead meetings, produce minutes and strive for a collaborative team environment.
- 6+ years of experience in the construction management or architecture of commercial buildings, demonstrating progressive responsibility and growth within the construction/architecture industry
- General knowledge of building code
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change
- Have strong project management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Project
- Ability to lead negotiations and manage high-level meetings and discussions
- BA/BS degree from accredited university
- Experience in negotiating commercial contracts (master agreements/work letters)
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Provide business decision support and participate/lead special projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top