At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring a Practice Manager in our Professional Services organisation, to help accelerate our growing National Security and Public Safety business in the UK. We are looking for a Practice Manager with a successful record of leading Public Sector customers through a variety of transformative projects involving IT Strategy, distributed architecture, and hybrid cloud operations.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organisation to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. Practice Managers help Customers make decisions to meet their technical and business objectives by providing best practices, proactively identifying and closing project gaps.
Key job responsibilities
- Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business in our UK Public Sector, driving AWS adoption in accounts.
- Sell cloud consulting engagements that can span from short on-site consulting projects proving the value of AWS services to massive cloud migration consulting projects that include the movement of thousands of applications and the automation of the cloud infrastructure to house them.
- Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to seek to understand our customer's needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions.
- Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized consulting engagements with partners and enterprise customers in UK Public Sector.
- Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology.
- Lead great people - attract top IT talent (architecture, security, big data, operations, IT Transformation) to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills
- Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
- Interfaces with various customer and internal AWS stakeholders which consists of senior leadership teams (C-level execs, SVP/VP, Directors)
Professional Services Mission:
"To accelerate customer and partner business outcomes as a
result of innovative usage of the AWS platform"
- Industry Expertise and market knowledge in UK Public Sector (ideally National Security and Public Safety)
- 10+ years' experience leading the delivery of enterprise-level IT consulting programs
- Outstanding customer relationship management, sales, delivery experience and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Consulting practice leadership as manager of managers; team size >30 and P&L responsibility
- Experience leveraging formal program management methodologies on enterprise level engagements
- Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
- Security clearance is required for this vacancy. Candidates will need to be eligible for minimum of SC clearance.
- Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has delivered cloud engagements (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Cloud Practitioner