Practice Manager - Dallas
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Practice Managers that can manage, develop and guide customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions. The Practice Manager will build a working relationship with their sales counterparts and be assigned a subset of accounts within the geography. The Practice Manager will also have a team of direct reports that are multi-disciplined and located within the same geography. The Practice Manager will develop a long term Professional Services territory strategy and execute plan within their accounts. The Practice Manager is a trusted adviser for our enterprise customers. The role includes all aspects of business development, people management, relationship development, delivery oversight and program management in their accounts.
Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Building, developing and retaining top talent
- Engage with customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio
- Development of long term Cloud Strategy for customers
- Identification and development of specific opportunities and supporting business cases
- Planning and implementation of a portfolio of projects, including budget and deliverable responsibilities
- Mitigation of delivery risks and issues
- Overseeing delivery of projects in account, ensuring high quality delivery
- Act as single person of contact for Customer executives, developing deep, trustful relations
- Educate customers on AWS services and translate those into a clear business value proposition
- Envision and inspire customers
- Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- 10+ years of IT consulting/management experience, with demonstrated IT Transformation experience in customer-facing roles
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
- A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
- Proven track record of hiring and developing the best, building teams and coaching them to success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and presentations
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed. Up to 50% regionally.
- Managing Customer relationships and key business stakeholders
- Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
- Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ITIL)
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, and custom applications
- Designing, building, and operating enterprise scale IT processes and infrastructures
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, etc
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum or Kanban methodologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top