Practice Manager- Applications Migration and Modernization
- Seattle, WA
Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying technology and IT transformations within Fortune 500 enterprise organization? Have you built and led successful consulting practices? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of large-scale application development, transformation, migration and operational integration? Can you build and lead an Application Transformation, Migrations and Operational Integration-focused technical specialty team to deliver new capabilities to our enterprise customers?
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Delivery Practice Managers (DPM) that can manage, develop and guide customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions, including innovative solutions around Application Migration and Modernization, and Operational Integration. A DPM will focus on a geography and a set of technical specialties, and will manage a team of direct reports. The DPM will develop a long-term plan to develop the right skills across its team. The team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES
• Hire, develop and retain top talent. Set objectives, manage performance and coach your team to help them achieve their career goals.
• Engage with enterprise customers to understand their business drivers and application portfolio. Develop bold cloud strategies with senior executives and present respective proposals.
• Support delivery of projects, ensure high quality, on time and on budget delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Collaborate with our partner ecosystem, establish technical relationships with key Systems Integrators (SIs), Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Managed Services Providers (MSPs) who are offering cloud-based services and solutions across the Applications Migration and Modernization specialties. Help deliver joint proposals and joint engagements for partners to succeed in large, complex customer engagements using AWS
• Engage with customers actively leveraging Technical or IT Advisory skills to support project delivery.
• Several years hands on experience delivering business value to customers with Migration, Operational Integration and Application Development solutions
• Has presented to Sr. Managers/Directors as well as to technical subject matter experts. Routinely engages at these levels with customers, as well as with their consulting partners
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. Security, Privacy, GDPR, etc.)
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required. Scrum Master experience a plus
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Able to lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
• One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift
• Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
• Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
Back to top