PR Manager, Trust and Reputation
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ring is seeking a highly organised, self-motivated, and creative public relations professional to join our PR team, based in London, UK, or Amsterdam, Netherlands. As PR Manager, you will work with the global Ring PR team and key business leaders to imagine, develop and execute communications programs related to Ring.
We are constantly innovating on behalf of customers by developing new devices and services that customers love. At the same time, we obsess about customer trust and ensure that we build products in a manner that maintains our high bar for customer privacy. In this role, you lead communications programs that help build and maintain customer trust.
You must have high judgement, excellent communication skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, strong project management ability and a talent for effectively, proactively managing projects. You will also have experience of working to high standards under tight deadlines, and be flexible in managing ambiguity as priorities change.
• Create communications programs to engage and build trust in Ring products and services with customers, policymakers, and industry leaders.
• Deliver communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities.
• Identify and craft response strategies for reputation issues and reactive news cycles that arise.
• Create and maintain toolkits, processes and templates to help the team better manage reputation issues.
• Address reporter questions about Ring.
• Develop media statements, FAQs, and other content related to Ring.
• Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media.
• Collaborate with PR colleagues globally.
• Help manage external PR firms as necessary.
• Native English
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of PR experience either in-house or at an agency
• Experience in crisis communications and reputation management
• Experience counselling senior executives, C-suite or board members
• Additional European languages a plus
• Strong writing skills
• Demonstrated history of strong judgement when managing complex topics in narrow timeframes
• Experience working closely with cross-functional teams, including legal and public policy
• Strong understanding of/interest in: crisis communications best practices, data privacy and security, the tech industry at large, and consumer electronics
• Entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
• Outstanding attention to detail and bias for action, as well as an understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
• Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the scope of your job
• Flexible to regular travel
Back to top