PR Manager, Sustainability
Amazon is seeking a detail-oriented and highly-collaborative communications professional to join our corporate communication team in Seattle. This individual will support and help manage internal and external global communications projects and announcements around Amazon's work on sustainability, working closely with the lead for sustainability communications as well as key members of Amazon's sustainability team.
The successful candidate should possess excellent writing and editing skills, a background in media relations, experience working on sustainability issues, strong project management skills, and an ability to work across departments to ensure seamless and effective communications.
Core job responsibilities:
- Help manage media requests around Amazon's work on sustainability
- Manage outreach around and details of speaking opportunities for a number of sustainability leads at Amazon
- Assist in writing and managing approvals for news releases, blog posts, media advisories, fact sheets, and related media materials
- Assist in developing and staffing PR/media events around Amazon's work on sustainability
- Provide creative ideas for sustainability-related social media campaigns and help implement the campaigns as needed
- Work closely with the sustainability team to regularly update messaging for each of Amazon's core sustainability pillars
- Help manage internal communications for Amazon's work on sustainability.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Minimum of 8 years of communications experience
- Experience helping to manage communications for a company or organization engaged in sustainability issues
- Media relations experience required
- Bachelor's degree
- Exemplary written and oral communications skills
- Strong editing skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Global communications work experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Collaborative team player who will roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top