IMDb TV, a free streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows, is seeking a highly-intelligent and experienced public relations professional to manage executive comms, brand, and ads PR for the new ad-supported digital video business.
This position will be responsible for the development and execution of brand-focused communications programs to generate awareness for IMDb TV. The successful candidate must be highly self-motivated, have extraordinary judgment, excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability and strong project management skills. The ideal candidate should have experience working with high standards under tight deadlines and be flexible to manage ambiguity as priorities change.
• Create and execute brand-focused PR campaigns for IMDb TV and IMDb TV Originals.
• Own all executive communications programs including external speaking calendar, industry events, thought leadership and interviews.
• Run point for all advertising focused communications related to IMDb TV and work closely with the Amazon ads PR team.
• Lead all communications for service and tech announcements.
• Build brand campaigns that promote IMDb TV as a service and tout our large library of content.
• Work in partnership with IMDb TV originals publicity team.
• Earn trust as a PR business partner for the IMDb TV organization by collaborating with internal stakeholders and external partners to drive successful PR programs.
• Keep current on trends, issues and news about the AVOD business, along with digital media and entertainment.
• Write press releases, FAQs, and other publicity materials; PR train spokespeople.
This position can be based in Culver City, CA (Los Angeles) or Seattle, WA.
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years of PR experience, executing highly successful, creative projects and announcements in digital video or entertainment.
• Experience managing PR TV series.
• Experience managing talent for events or publicity.
• Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
• Has a strong bias for action
• Proven experience with business critical communications and issues management
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• High judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.