PR Manager, Corporate Communications - Issues Management
- Pasay, Philippines
Amazon is seeking a high-judgement, self-motivated, and creative communications professional to join our corporate communications team. This candidate will provide strategic counsel to our internal teams and work extensively with media and external influencers. The candidate will have experience in managing complex projects and issues with the press, crave autonomy and ownership, and be willing and able to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. This role will focus primarily on Marketplace and Retail communications.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide strategic counsel to senior business leaders and business teams.
• Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with press contacts.
• Possess strong writing skills.
• Manage cross channel communications campaigns in partnership with internal communications, social media and similar storytelling teams.
• Identify and leverage data to support storytelling efforts.
• Show high judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and be able to deal with ambiguity.
*This position can sit in DC, Arlington, VA, Seattle, WA, or San Francisco, CA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 8+ years of experience in Public Relations.
• Experience in issues management.
• A network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively and re-actively.
• An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Experience serving as spokesperson.
• Experience working with executives.
• Experience managing budgets and agencies.
Back to top