PR Manager, AWS
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Would you like to be part of a communications team that is building awareness about how cloud technology is helping transform public sector organizations around the world? Are you passionate about the fast-moving changes technology enables, and the positive impact it is having on people and the world around us? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading provider of cloud computing services, providing IT infrastructure offerings ranging from on-demand compute capacity to storage, content delivery, and database services, to machine learning, Internet of Things, serverless technologies, and more. The AWS Public Relations (PR) team is at the forefront of shaping communications around the most advanced technologies on the planet and helping customers and partners maximize the benefits of cloud computing.
AWS is looking for a self-motivated and an experienced PR professional to join its EMEA Public Sector PR team. This role will build communications strategy, develop media campaigns, and execute tactical activities in support of the AWS Public Sector business, which serves customers across government, education, non-profit, scientific research, healthcare, aerospace and satellite organizations.
The candidate must be an energetic self-starter, able to build trust among internal and external stakeholders, and develop long-term relations with public sector customers and partners. He/she is a builder at heart, and enjoys seeking out stories of how technology shaping and redefining the world. The candidate must have excellent writing skills, with experience in driving proactive campaigns on complex topics, and use good judgement in high-pressure situations. He/she must have excellent media relations and strategic communications experience, as well as a track record of delivering results, while collaborating across multiple teams.
• Develop and execute effective, long-term communications strategies for AWS Public Sector initiatives
• Create compelling content with customers and partners to generate powerful stories about the transformational impact of cloud technology in the Public Sector
• Write and edit press releases, pitches, PR plans, and related materials
• Issues and crisis management
• Foster strong relationships both internally with customers/partner and press, as well as externally with business stakeholders and PR team members
• Regularly engage and educate reporters, bloggers, and influencers
• Provide media training and ongoing coaching for executive spokespeople
• Build and run press programs for local and major global events
• Manage PR agency resources
The role can be based in Europe and requires periodic travel.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Experience of public relations experience
Experience in B2B technology PR
- A passion for working with Public Sector organizations and customers
- Strong business acumen in collaborating with business functions and leaders
- Deep understanding of technology, and ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Self-starter who is willing to roll up the sleeves to get the job done
- Highly adaptable, and thrives in a fast-pace environment
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, and resourceful in problem-solving
- Attention to details with high judgement
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Additional EMEA language skills
- Excellent media relations with public sector-focused reporters/ bloggers/ influencers
- Proven track record in delivering results
Back to top