PR Manager, Amazon Fashion
- Glendale, AZ
Amazon.com is seeking a creative, high judgement and self-motivated Public Relations (PR) professional, with a depth of experience or strong interest in fashion and consumer entertainment, to join its U.S. communications team. Given today's increasingly digital business practices, the candidate's home location may be flexible and should not limit applicants. As a team member within Amazon's retail PR organization, you will be responsible for supporting the Amazon Fashion business on a day-to-day basis, while also leading a variety of high visibility media and influencer programs designed to drive awareness, engagement and brand equity. You will report directly to the Head of Amazon Fashion PR and work closely with the agency partner of record.
The ideal candidate is active in the fashion and entertainment communities, with a deep understanding of the media landscape and key influencers, and can balance ongoing external communications alongside an equally active fashion-related internal/corporate communications workload. This candidate creates, formalizes and implements strategic programs, including the execution of press events, and is comfortable generating compelling news cycles, as well as finding unique ways to maintain momentum for ongoing initiatives. This candidate works fast, writes and edits for various audiences and tonality, manages multiple internal and external priorities, demonstrates strong judgement, pays close attention to detail and collaborates well with colleagues from around the world.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Build strong relationships with media and influencers
• Execute PR campaigns
• Support strategic communications counsel to executives
• Manage external PR agencies on strategy and tactics
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders on launches
• Create new and compelling storytelling opportunities
• Draft and manage approvals for internal and external messaging
• Address complex, fast moving and unexpected challenges
• Partner closely with social media, retail and marketing teams to create 360 campaigns
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in PR, marketing, journalism, business or related field
• 8+ years of PR experience, including social, events, and corporate and crisis communications
• Experience in Fashion, Consumer or Entertainment PR; preferably a mix of agency and in-house experience
• Network of fashion, entertainment and consumer media contacts and a deep understanding of what resonates with them
• Ability to work in a remote environment and successfully partner with global counterparts
• Ability to prioritize and plan effectively, including budgeting
• Develop creative, effective approaches to communications challenges
• Comfortable attending meetings both independently and alongside the Head of Amazon Fashion PR to both divide and accomplish current responsibilities and concurrent projects
Back to top