PR Manager, Amazon Advertising
Amazon is seeking an experienced public relations professional to help support our growing advertising business. Amazon Advertising helps brands engage with Amazon customers on our sites, apps, devices and across the web in ways that drive their business objectives while also enhancing the customer shopping experience.
As PR Manager for Amazon Advertising you will partner with business leaders to craft and execute strategic programs that support the advertising business globally. This includes developing communications strategies, messaging and tactics for senior executives; aggregating background research materials; managing and writing content for the Amazon Advertising blog; and working with our international teams to increase awareness in their regions.
The successful candidate must have extraordinarily high-judgment, excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, strong project management and data collection skills, and an innate bias for action. S/he should have experience working with high standards under tight deadlines and managing ambiguity as priorities change.
- Spearhead executive communications strategies
- Partner with Analytics teams to drive research in support of communications strategies
- Manage external speaking opportunities and relevant press extensions
- Partner with marketing to manage and develop Amazon Advertising blog content
- Provide strategic PR counsel and support to business leaders globally
- Keep current on industry trends, issues and news
- Build and maintain strong media relationships
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- 8+ years of experience in Public Relations; explicit advertising and technology experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Experience managing a current network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively to accomplish business goals
- Bachelor's degree
- · A passion for marketing and advertising
- Ad tech experience
- Experience writing for diverse audiences and formats, including copywriting and speech writing
- Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the job's scope
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Experience working with international and sales teams
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top