- Seattle, WA
Would you like to be part of a communications team that is building awareness about how cloud technology is helping transform businesses and government services around the world? Are you excited by creating communications strategies, and crafting compelling content that sets the agenda? Are you passionate about the fast-moving changes technology enables, and the positive impact it is having on people and the world around us? For 14 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 175 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 77 Availability Zones (AZs) within 24 geographic regions, with announced plans for 18 more Availability Zones and six more AWS Regions in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Spain, and Switzerland. Millions of customers-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-trust AWS to power their infrastructure, become more agile, and lower costs. The AWS Public Relations team is at the forefront of shaping communications that help customers and AWS Partner Network (APN) Partners maximize the benefits of cloud computing.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a creative, self-motivated, well-connected and experienced public relations professional to drive the AWS customer advocacy, partner success, and industry expertise PR programs in Greater China. This includes developing customer win stories, customer/partner success stories, working to set up media engagements for customers and partners, and supporting AWS Marketing events in a way that maximizes positive coverage and awareness locally for customers, partners and executives. This person will also be responsible for driving successful industry PR programs to support China's vertical industry strategy, including auto, manufacturing, retail and FMCG etc.
The role requires the successful candidate to proactively identify, and engage directly with AWS's customers, ranging across all industry sectors, from large enterprise to startups, and partners, ranging from SIs, consulting partners to ISVs, to uncover stories about how they are using AWS services successfully, and then determine how to develop those stories for the highest market impact. The right candidate will possess strong media relationships, and have excellent social media experience; be a precise and compelling writer of all types of communication, including news releases, customer success stories, blog posts, byliners, and more; and will be able to lead media events.
This role is based in Beijing. Domestic and international travel will be required.
This role will be responsible for:
• Initiating and driving proactive programs focusing on customer and partner success, as well as industry-specific insights on cloud trends and use cases
• Overseeing execution of PR programs, including messaging, release, media alerts, feature articles, byliners, blog posts, media roundtables, media briefings, customer/partner interviews, video testimonials and speaking opportunities etc.
• Providing customer/partner quotes and customer/partner advocacy support for corporate, service and infra, AR, and industry PR programs locally and internationally
• Developing industry understanding and solution knowhow
• Working out PR messaging and activating ongoing PR programs for priority industries, including auto, manufacturing, retail and FMCG
• Understanding the Greater China media landscape and macro-environment
• Developing and successfully managing relationships with key media, technology bloggers, influencers, especially with vertical and industry media; and placing in-depth stories
• Effectively communicating and working with AWS customers and partners
• Bachelor's degree; minimum 10 years of communications experience
• Strong Technology background and IT knowledge
• Mandarin and English written and verbal skills required
• Strong media relationship
• Bias for action and outstanding attention to detail.
• Experience working with customers/partner and developing their stories
• Passionate about excellence in writing and verbal communications
• Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
• Strong judgment, a knack for diplomacy, and the confidence to engage and build consensus with customers and partners
• Ability to earn trust with various internal and external stakeholders
Back to top