Portfolio Manager, FinOps PMO
- Arlington, VA
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where our customers can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
In supporting this growth, the Amazon Finance Operations (FinOps) goal is to deliver seamless procure-to-pay, order-to-cash and payroll processes that enable Amazon's ongoing geographical expansion across the globe. We seek a Customer Obsessed, Results Driven Portfolio Manager to join our global FinOps Program Management Office (PMO).
We're not an average company and this is definitely not your average Portfolio Management position. You'll have the opportunity to really make a difference in a high growth environment where your ability to lead a portfolio of programs, projects and key improvement initiatives to ensure high value, quality delivery across the portfolio. This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity to join an area that touches every aspect of Amazon's wide range of businesses globally.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon's products, business models, financial systems architecture and financial operations
• Manage critical relationships with internal and external business and technology partners
• Ensure transparency, alignment and clear communication of strategic programs and their resource impacts across the portfolio to key business and technology stakeholders
• Create regular communication mechanisms on portfolio progress and challenges, and lead prioritization discussions on required adjustments
• Lead goal alignment with portfolio stakeholders and PMO leaders
• Deliver standardized, scalable, automated, solutions to ensure the PMO is delivering the right projects, at the right time, with the right resources
• Prioritize the portfolio's project requests and drive end-to-end process improvements that enable growth and deliver cost improvements
Who are we looking for?
To succeed, you will be able to easily shift between macro and micro lenses and strategic and tactical activities, have a natural analytical way of thinking, diving deep into a problem, product and process and be able to explain difficult concepts to tech and non-tech users. Additionally, you will have a proven ability to learn quickly, distill complex scenarios into easily understandable synopses and communicate persuasively, in both written and verbal form.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Project and/or portfolio management accreditation e.g. PMP/PfMP
• Experience in process improvement methods e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, Total Quality Management
• Working experience in portfolio management tool suites e.g. Clarizen, Planview, Smartsheet
• Proven capability working with, presenting to and influencing senior executives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top