Pop-Up Assistant Retail Experience Manager – Greater Chicago Area (Illinois)
Amazon Pop-Ups are retail kiosks that offer customers an opportunity to interact with and experience the full range of Amazon devices, from Echo to Fire TV to Kindle, and learn about Amazon services and content. The Amazon Pop-Up team provides a hands-on, customer-friendly way for our visitors to ask experts questions about our devices and features and try them out in person. We are looking for retail leaders to support this Pop-Up experience for our customers.
- Provide functional leadership of team during periods when store manager is not on site.
- Direct the work of reporting store associates. Prioritize daily work for team and create execution plans.
- Manage team's performance and provide regular feedback to support employees' growth.
- Model and coach desired behavior of direct reports as Amazon brand ambassador and device evangelist.
- Assist and follow up on onboarding of new direct reports.
- Evaluate the business weekly and share results and action plans with manager.
- Maintain deep product knowledge with ability to clearly and effectively communicate and demonstrate product features and benefits, pricing and promotional offers to associates so they can do the same with customers.
- Develop and execute product demonstration programs, device workshops and special events for a retail setting.
- Assist customers with devices that may not be operational and assist customers in setting up devices that they have purchased.
- Handle all administrative aspects of the sale including: opening and closing POS system, accepting customer payments, balance register and make cash deposits daily or schedule bank pick-up service, pulling products from inventory, and filing the completed orders.
- Identify training needs and provide ongoing training in areas including demo and selling skills, product knowledge and store operations.
- Manage operational functions of the location including pricing verification, visual merchandising compliance checking, inventory management, and reporting.
- Troubleshoot on-site, ensuring all products displayed are working properly and replace any malfunctioning products as necessary.
- Create an effective weekly labor schedule considering allocated labor hours, Amazon labor guidelines, applicable labor laws, promotional and holiday event hours, tasking requirements and sales volume requirements.
- Provide feedback to corporate for local events that may influence issued labor hours.
- Audit store's procedures for inventory management with a goal of 100% accuracy of inventory counts.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating the in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
- Receive and restock products from stockroom to ensure products are readily available for customers.
- Responsible for the physical safety of the merchandise and the store.
- Be on your feet for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Push, pull, lift or carry items up to 40 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation).
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in customer facing retail sales.
- 2+ years of people management experience in a supervisory role or as an assistant manager.
- Able to work flexible work hours including nights and weekends and holidays.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in recruiting and hiring to support future growth opportunities.
- Experience in assisting customers in person and on the phone, completing trainings, tracking and recording sales and traffic data, merchandising products and promotional materials, cleaning and maintaining presentation standards, keeping product demos functional and receiving and shipping inventory.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of people management experience preferably consumer electronics or high-tech products.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring and developing a talent pipeline to support future growth opportunities.
- Experience writing schedules to labor hours.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Retail or Operations Management experience.
- Experience with detail oriented work and communication.
- Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top