Pop-Up Assistant Retail Experience Manager – Christiana Mall (Newark, DE)
Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon, and the Device business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. This position will continue to build on that success by educating customers about our devices and ecosystem at an Amazon Pop-Up in Christiana Mall (Newark, DE).
In this role you will:
- Model desired behavior for staff as Amazon brand ambassador and device evangelist.
- Assist Store Manager in identifying training needs and providing ongoing training in areas including demo and selling skills, product knowledge and store operations.
- Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using selling tenants and educating customers
- Provide functional leadership of team during periods when store manager is not on site.
- Assist Store Manager in operational functions including pricing verification, inventory management and reporting.
- Direct the work of reporting store team members with guidance from Manager.
- Prioritizes daily work for team and forms execution plans in consultation with Manager
- Evaluate the business weekly and participate in weekly business reviews
- Maintain deep product knowledge with ability to clearly and effectively communicate and demonstrate product features, pricing and program offers to associates so they can do the same with customers.
- Develop and execute product demonstration programs, device workshops and special events for a retail setting.
- Open and close point-of-sale system, balance register and make cash deposits daily.
- Ability to troubleshoot on-site, ensuring all products displayed are working properly and replacing any malfunctioning products as necessary.
- Assist customers with devices that may not be operational and assist customers in setting up devices that they have purchased.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating the in the development and presentation of best practices.
- Be on your feet for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Push, pull, lift or carry items up to 40 pounds (with or without reasonable accommodation).
- Receive and restock products from stockroom to ensure products are readily available for customers.
- Responsible for the physical safety of the merchandise and the store.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience in customer facing retail sales
- 2-3 years of management experience in an operations or sales supervisory role or as an assistant manager
- Able to work flexible work hours including nights and weekends and holidays
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in assisting customers in person and on the phone, completing trainings, tracking and recording sales and traffic data, merchandising products and promotional materials, cleaning and maintaining presentation standards, keeping product demos functional and receiving inventory
- Experience in recruiting, hiring and developing a talent pipeline to support future growth opportunities.
- Experience writing schedules to labor hours and managing a P&L
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in retail sales, preferably consumer electronics or high-tech products
- 2-3 years of management experience in an operations or sales manager role, preferably consumer electronics or
- Retail or Operations Management experience
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top