Pooling Req: SDM
- Seattle, WA
The IN Accounting Engineering team is responsible for building relevant systems & workflows that automates & simplifies the booking of Financial / Accounting events from all Amazon India business launches. Typically the scope of Financial / Account event starts post the collection of money from transactions on / for Amazon. All systems that handles the collected money and account them at Amazon Internally will be part of the team's scope (in the long term). The goal of the team would be to minimize the quantum of time needed for handling Financial / Accounting events from each Amazon India business launches, to the least extent possible.
The team is looking for a passionate and result-oriented Software Development Manager to support the build for fast evolving Financial Accounting eco-system of Amazon India. In this position, you will have the opportunity to build which analyze large volumes of streaming data with response times that aren't possible with traditional approaches. You will manage teams which build and operate ultra-scalable high volume which at their lowest throughputs process millions of transactions per day. Familiarity with Amazon web service technologies including EC2, S3, SQS, Elastic Map Reduce, Hadoop, RDS as well as no-SQL solutions which form the foundation of these is an asset.
Responsible for the overall project delivery & project stakeholder management
Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical and approach
Report status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
Exhibits excellent judgment
Hires and develops great people
Strong results orientation
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of Enterprise level Software in /C++
• 5+ years of software management experience in leading lifecycle development
• A passion for people management and mentorship.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience designing for scalability, reliability and performance
• Experience with service oriented and systems
• Proven track record of software delivery
• Deep hands- technical expertise
Back to top