Pooling Req SDE III
- Seattle, WA
I specifically recruit for the Sellers Services Marketplace team at Amazon!
Learn more about the Marketplace team here: https://vimeo.com/81027408
Marketplace Amazon Marketplace - We build and operate a global e-Commerce platform for sellers of all sizes. We drive the Seller business and develop solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon. Our third-party sellers had a tremendous recent holiday season with 65% unit growth and now represent 36% of total units sold.
Our team is made up of people like you. People who are: Entrepreneurial We build solutions for all sellers, regardless of size. In fact, many of us are sellers ourselves. Innovative Our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories and new geographies. There is no playbook for a Marketplace of this size, so innovation and creativity are a must. Passionate We are passionate about our customers, both sellers and buyers. Everyone's an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. Our business is growing fast and the pace is even faster. Leaders We recognize the desire for people to lead, whether it is the development of a new feature or ownership of a new category. We invest in our team members, providing challenging roles with significant responsibility. Coaching and mentoring is taken seriously to ensure we continue to build a company we can be extremely proud of.
Details of the Position :
Do you want to be involved in one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses? Would you like to directly impact hundreds of thousands (soon to be millions) of Amazon sellers? Amazon Marketplace is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants. Come join us and develop solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces.
We are looking for Software Engineers with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. Successful candidates must be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function at a very high level in a fast paced environment along with a team of very talented engineers is essential.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
Desired Skills and Experience
• BS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus at least one year of experience.
• Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design)
• Proficiency in, at least, one object oriented programming language such as C++ or Java
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Five years of progressively responsible work experience
• Experience in building large scale distributed systems
• Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Understanding of relational data modeling and SQL
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
• Maniacal Customer Obsession
Back to top