Amazon's Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) organization is chartered to protect Amazon.com so that customers can shop with confidence and have a perfect order experience. We do this by ensuring that customers receive authentic products in the condition and functionality they expect, and by quickly making things right when they don't. This strategy includes continuously evolving technology and policies and working closely with our data scientists, technology and program teams.
We are looking for a data savvy critical thinker and talented writer to drive our policies and address high risk issues faced by Amazon. As a Risk Manager, you will own the development and improvement of our internal and external policies, customer (Buyer and Seller) messaging, and investigation process guides at a global scale. You will need to develop deep understanding of existing policies and various Customer and Seller pain points to drive change and innovative strategies that strike the right balance between mitigating risk and improving partner experiences. These decisions must align with the overall organizational mental model and goals. The role also requires excellent stakeholder management across WW business, tech, and operations teams.
The ideal candidate will have passion for protecting customers, an ability to think big, exceptional organizational skills, the desire to continuously improve mechanisms, and is data savvy.
In this position you will:
• Develop and maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders locally and around the world
• Partner with Legal, PR, and Investigations to quickly handle and resolve critical and time-sensitive challenges.
• Create policies, strategies, and processes to protect buyers and enable business growth
• Dive deep into data to find patterns for the challenges that buyers face while shopping on Amazon.
• Conceptualize and launch large scale programs to resolve buyer issues. Track program progress and provide visibility to leadership
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years in a policy, risk management, or program management role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information clearly and concisely
• Proven analytical skills and comfort in deriving insights from quantitative data
• Proven experience applying critical thinking to develop new policies and/or drive policy/process improvements
• Experience driving projects involving multiple stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to identify, mitigate, and manage business risks and tradeoffs in a high-pressure environment
• Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
• Impeccable attention to detail; ability to balance this with the need to achieve immediate results
• Experience in a fast-paced retail, e-commerce, or startup role, including in legal, IP protection, counterfeit protection, investigations, claims, and abuse roles
• Proven ability to work autonomously, triage and prioritize work, and operate in ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.