PM, Transportation Modeling
- Seattle, WA
Open to Nashville, TN location
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon's Transportation Operations Management team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated leader to drive large-scale projects, programs, and technical initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team in a rapidly growing area within Amazon.
As a Transportation Modeling Program Manager, you will manage capacity planning for the Transportation Operations Management group, supporting 200+ Fulfillment and Sortation Centers. You will build models to forecast capacity, run "what-if" scenarios, and define solutions that support the end-to-end supply chain. The outputs for these models will help identify risk while projecting resource needs. A critical part of this role is integrating upstream data into automated models. This role requires exceptional statistical and analytical skills, building models, and the ability to communicate with Operations, Finance, Engineering and Real Estate stakeholders in a high-pressure environment. You will be part of a high-visibility program that helps to define the future of transportation through each level of the Amazon Fulfillment supply chain.
• Lead strategic planning and forecasting for transportation operations
• Collaborate with customer and partner groups to identify and leverage data into automated models
• Assist in model development for labor planning
• Assist in model automation to eliminate manual updates for the network
• Identify at risk sort centers from a yard flow for Peak and non-Peak
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Influence design and development of strategic processes
• Manage and deliver results on complex projects across multiple organizations
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Gather and analyze data to drive business decisions
• Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
• Innovate to improve processes and continuously remove cost from operations
Want to learn more about working with Amazon Transportation Services? Check out this video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en5YqrtBGvY&feature=youtu.be
• Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Information Systems Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or other related fields, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in program management, process improvement, implementation, risk identification and mitigation, and project execution in supply chain or engineering environment
• 3+ years of experience with forecasting and planning customer demand signals.
• Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale.
• Demonstrated experience using R, Python, or other equivalent statistics and machine learning tools.
• Advanced degree / Master's Degree (Math, Engineering, Science, Business)
• PMP/PgMP certification
• Experience with Monte Carlo simulations, regression modeling, or other statistical analyses
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Proven ability to influence without authority as an individual contributor
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
• Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top