Platform & Services Engineer
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
We are building a small team of passionate people who are focused on changing the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on taking care of people. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession and Think Big, into a new vertical. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, let's talk.
In this position, we are looking for engineers with 2+ years building cloud services and experienced with variety of technologies. We are looking for someone who understands building reliable and secure services, leveraging AWS technologies, and can build software at scale. We need someone who is motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly solve problems. You will work with senior engineers to deliver these services. You will need to be a team player, contribute the execution of team objectives, and leverage technical knowledge and engineering best practices. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards.
- Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, and transform them into exciting experiences.
- Develop new features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions.
- Know how to integrate data from a large number of services.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Dive-deep into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
- Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
- Experience developing complex, scalable, cloud-based systems
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience in modern languages
- Core Competency in Java
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Firm understanding of software design principles
- Passion for cloud highly scalable services. We would love to hear about solutions and systems you've developed.
- Experience developing large scale services on AWS such as Amazon DynamoDB, EBS, EC2, EMR, Glacier, Redshift, S3, and ELB
- Experience developing IoT and mobility enabled services
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top