Platform & Services Engineer
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
We are building a small team of passionate people who are focused on changing the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on taking care of people. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession and Think Big, into a new vertical. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, let's talk.
In this position, we are looking for an engineer with deep service orientated expertise and experienced with variety of technologies. We are looking for someone who understands developing innovative services in the cloud, leveraging the best technologies AWS has to offer, and can build software at scale. We need someone who is motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You will outline paths from prototype to product. You will need to contribute to the professional development of colleagues through mentoring, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards.
- Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
- Design new, scalable, secure, and reliable features that drive real-time data, video, and audio solutions.
- Know how to integrate data from a large number of services.
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
- Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
- Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
- Experience architecting complex, scalable, cloud-based systems
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs at scale
- Passion for hosted large data, highly scalable services. We would love to hear about solutions and systems you've developed.
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience in modern languages
- Core Competency in Java
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Firm understanding of software design principles
- Experience developing large scale services on AWS such as Amazon DynamoDB, EBS, EC2, EMR, Glacier, Redshift, S3, and ELB
- Experience developing IoT and mobility enabled services
- Knowledge and experience using modern web development tools like Webpack, Gulp, Node, Flow, Typescript, SCSS, etc.
- Prior experience working for a consumer Internet company
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top