Platform Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
Customers are rapidly adopting Amazon Web Services as a way to build scalable and cost-effective web and IT solutions for their businesses. To help them do that effectively, our professionals need training, and not just a couple of PowerPoint slides and a long lecture. We strive to develop that allows our field teams to speak to customers about their problems and solve them using AWS. With an emphasis on providing consumable, relevant training at the time a learner requires it - not too much, too little, too early, or too late. Ideally available anytime, anywhere and on any device.
As we expand our Amazon Web Service's Field Training and Enablement Team, we've experienced rapid growth in demand for best in class training. Our team is looking for an experienced Platform Product Manager to help us expand our democratization of efforts focused on developing highly effective training and enablement solutions that are used by Field teams.
An ideal candidate for this position will have experience with the following:
• Experience with field enablement platforms or learning management systems such as MindTickle, BrainShark, Allego, etc.
• A strong command of enablement technology platforms, and the ability to research and recommend new applications and platforms in line with organizational goals
• Interest in Game theory in the training space, including how to build rational decision trees while creating a great training experience
• Familiarity with how to support game, infrastructure, and back end servers
• Technical understanding and proficiency of platforms and technologies utilized to deliver curriculum (SCORM)
• Experience partnering with software engineers and front-end developers
Other job responsibilities that the candidate would be responsible for include but are not limited to:
• Manage all aspects of our vendor relationship and partner with vendors to develop and test feature enhancements
• Take ownership of our training platform innovation strategy
• Continually evaluate solutions and platforms for freshness, quality, impact and scalability
• Pursue a deep understanding of organizational goals and learner roles to ensure our solutions meet the needs of stakeholders and end users
• Maintain knowledge of new tools through continuous research to ensure new solutions deliver innovation
• Contribute to the implementation of team templates, models and overall best practices
• Create of user guides in reference to any relevant platforms or delivery mechanisms
• Help to market and share unique training solutions that can be utilized by other training teams within the organization
Preferred locations: Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX, Boston, MA, Arlington, VA
• 5+ years experience in managing, owning, or building training platforms
• 5+ years demonstrated experience researching, recommending, and implementing innovative technologies
• 3+ years strong project experience with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 2+ years experience with and presenting to executives, and stakeholders
• Fluency in moving from understanding and strategy to developing initial concepts through implementation
• Strong time and resource skills in order to meet critical deadlines under changing conditions
• Excels in a team environment, ability to build/maintain positive relationships through strong collaboration efforts
• Experience in online education/learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top