Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience?
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is a rapidly growing, global operation unit, which significantly impacts the customer experience. Its Linehaul team is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, innovative, hands-on, technically skilled, and customer-obsessed Program Manager who will help developing a best-in-class middle mile planning for the European Marketplaces.
As Linehaul Planning Program Manager, you will work in a cross functional environment with the Programs, Global Technology, Operations, Carrier Management and Sourcing, Network Planning teams, as well as Amazon fulfillment centers to identify planning opportunities to ramp up capacity at lower cost through different operating models.
If this sounds interesting thus far, read on.
Key Responsibilities (include below but are not limited to):
• Define Planning Strategy for transportation flows such as Outbound and Warehouse transfers.
• Develop in-depth understanding of processes, tools, data, and teams involved; and define best practices for cross functional teams.
• Identify gaps (or overlaps) and opportunities, and initiate high-impact projects based on analyses.
• Understanding of analytical simulations and assessments. Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data
• Build mechanisms and use data/processes and drive business decision and change behaviors internally and externally
• Work with planners to improve planning processes, based on analysis and trends or new tech features testing and implementation.
• Ensure transparent and consistent reporting of status, progress, impact, and risks; ensure appropriate action is taken to minimize impact and mitigate risks
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Engineering or Business Administration, or a similar related discipline
• Professional work experience in project management
• Experience developing a creative and scalable solutions independently, and drive them from ideation to successful completion
• Professional experience with data analytics
• Fluent in English
• Strong oral and written communication skills - able to communicate effectively with senior management, tech teams and international/multicultural stakeholders
• Proven Program Management experience in a related industry
• Advanced computer literacy (Excel, Word). Proficiency in Tableau/SQL, Python
• Lean Six Sigma certification
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.